Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rarely two days in a row at Belmont in the Spring

Today started late because I stayed up late posting last night. I made up for it by sleeping in. Dan called around 11 and asked how the wind was. I said "Oh, it's maybe 6 or 8." and he said "I'll be over around 2 or 3." "Ok, see you when you get here."

When we got to the beach there were a lot of kiter's that must have heard about yesterday or were here. Whatever there were quite a few down at Belmont waiting for the wind to come up.

Joe Walker got an early start. Here he's getting up wind easily on his Waroo Pro.

Dong had to do a little beach repair. Luckily I had some patches for his "Baby"

There wasn't enough wind for George Wiant. Unfortunately he had to wrap up early.

It may not have been for long, but Dong and Todd Snyder headed out for some fun.

In the mean time Gary decided to rig bigger. Big that's the ticket.

I turned to my left and caught Dan's kite on the sand. Not quite enough for him.

Gary got out on the water but the wind didn't last too long for him either.

As we wrap it up I noticed there were still two kiter's out at Seal. How does that happen?

Clouds are forming to the West. Does that mean another weather front?

As we ponder tomorrow Dan gave one thumb up and one down while it was starting to drizzle. I think he means that the weather could go either way. I checked the weather prediction on channel 9 with Jackie Johnson and she said there could be a repeat tomorrow of the same weather we had today. Possible thunder showers late in the day. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home