Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday was another adventure, Rat Beach

On Tuesday Dan had a window of time after work so I packed up and headed to Torrance. It was time to give Rat Beach another try.

I packed the Honda and I was ready to go.

From Long Beach it's a quick drive up Ocean Blvd. and over the Vincent Thomas Bridge. Then up the 110 to PCH and then head to Torrence. I think I made it in about 40 minutes.

Dan was running a little late so I went ahead and unpacked our stuff in the parking lot. About two city blocks from the launch spot.

Dan is self-contained and found the rigging spot. As you can see, there's not much around.

I think it was his surfing background, but whatever it was Dan was able to get off the beach with no problem.

This is the other Dan. A regular to Rat Beach. He's very good.

I, on the other hand, dropped my kite twice while trying to get through the surf. My timing was crap. So I came back to camp and took some pictures.

Dan was doing great. He was able to stay up-wind the entire time while out at Rat Beach. The other Dan mentioned that this site is usually a problem staying up wind.

As you can see the other Dan was doing great also. He brought two boards, one surfboard with no straps and a wave board with foot straps.

Even though the water seemed a little choppy, Dan Corbett was holding his own.

At the end of the session, the other Dan had to climb up the hill to his home. Not a bad place to live.

At the end of the day it was time to pack it in.

We had to do a little climbing too.

Dan did the packing as I took more pictures. "Come on Dad. put away the camera."

As I drove back to Belmont it was like being home. I hope the wind is up tomorrow so I can get out and do some kiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home