Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another day of adventures and we were smiling the whole way home

I arrived at the beach around 1:30 and there were quite a few kites pumping.
You never know what's going to happen. So pump fast.

I saw George and Dong out. Come on pump.

I looked up and saw that Dan and Ruth were walking down the ramp.

Here's the face of someone who's having fun. His new kite arrived and he couldn't wait to pump too.
As Dan started to pump the wind start to come up. His new Best 13 is going to be just right.
I tried to make my way to the water with my 16. I wish I had brought my 12.
With the wind blowing about 18 mph Dan had no problem getting out on his new Bularoo 13. He and I met up around La Palapa and he signaled to head for Chaffee Island.

Ruth did a great job of taking this shot. We were heading for the back of the island, but ended up going very close to the breakwater wall.

How could she top that shot, by capturing Dan and me returning from the back of the island.

I attempted to do a freehand drawing of our path. We started at Belmont, took a few tacks to get to the pier, then a couple of tacks to get to the back of the island. We reversed direction, and passed very close to the back of before going down wind back to camp.
There's still plenty of wind for jumping. Dong makes it look so easy.
For Dan it was time for a little break.
This shot doesn't show it but at one point I counted 30 kites and that wasn't counting kites on the sand or the kites down at Seal.
Klaus got to Belmont at about 4:30 and there was plenty of wind left. With Dan taking a break I took his new board and Klaus and I headed for the platform again. We tried to get behind Chaffee again but we didn't make it today either.

Here is a rough drawing on a Google map showing our path. The black box is the platform.
Ruth get's the photographer award for taking a bunch of pictures and not knowing if they were going to come out.....They were great honey!!!
Dan gave the Sherpa Award to Maureen for carrying Rijk's board.
At the end of the day we were celebrating the great wind with a beer. L to R: me, Klaus, Bill, Rijk, Will, and Dan. Aren't they a great group?

The last shot of the day was of the last guys on the ramp. On the left is Yoris, who teaches for Capt. Kirk and is from Holland. He started talking to Bobby who was mentioning that he was planning on going to Cabarete for a vacation. When the two started talking they realized they had met there last year because Yoris taught there too. What a small world after all.

Here's the ikitesurf readings at Belmont today. It may be better tomorrow, who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home