Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pre-Ventana venting....kite!!!!

December 13, 2009

Everyone wanted to kite today because we knew that in the next day or two we would have to start packing our gear for La Ventana. Got an email from Mike today, he made it to Baja in just two days. He was out there body surfing, in Baja. Life is good.

On Sunday we all met up at Belmont, but the wind was dying. Matt and Todd drove by and said they were heading to Huntington. The idea was to meet up at dog beach.

Kristin was great. She planted herself in the rocks and took all of the shots. Here Dan is rigging. Dog beach is a little challenge because they were running all over out gear. Sorry no shots of that.

I launched Rijk and he got out OK but there wasn't a lot of wind. It's very cool seeing the guys out at the pier. Next time we'll go there.

I was almost ready to go, but the first time out I found my booties were too big for the foot straps so I came in and took them off. You can see what I mean about the curious dogs. They often ran through my kite while I was pumping.

Kris got a shot of either Todd or Matt in the surf line. I think Hank was with them too.

Dan just took to the waves. I'm sure that those sessions at Leo helped out a lot.

He was just tearing up the waves in both directions.

Great timing Kris!! She got me going up and over one of the waves. What fun!!!!

I think at this point Rijk figured that the wind had come up a little. Dan and I were on 13's but Rijk was on a 12 and a small board too.

Kris got a lot of Dan's jumps but this one looked cool with the waves behind him. In control.

I think this is Rijk going through the waves. Some times it's hard to tell.

Great shot Kris catching Dan going out with the sun reflecting on the water. WOW!!

This is where I have fun, out in the wide open spaces. The ocean.....FUN!!!!!

Another great shot of Dan in the surf with the sun going down. This shot says so much to me.

The session is over and time to wrap up our gear and head home. Thanks again Kristin for the great shots.

As the sun sets in the West, I called Ruth to let her know where we were and to see what's going on. We all headed for the house for a great dinner. Ribs, chicken, soup, salad and wine. We may have surprised Ruth when Dan, Kristin, Rijk, Rosemary, Ruth and I walked in, but she was great about it. Then we started the fireplace and everything was warm and fantastic.

Next stop, La Ventana. We leave Friday.....we can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home