Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday is great again, and the week was good too

Sunday, March 25, 2012



Clearing winds hit Long Beach again. This makes two Sundays in a row. We have also had a great week of kiting. Five out of the past seven days.



Check it out, another un-real kite day.


Dan arrived at the house around 11:30 and was ready to kite. Ruth and I on the other hand were only on our second cup of coffee. And we had most of the Sunday Times to go. WHAT??? I'm a diehard as long as it's warm and wonderful. OK, I'm spoiled.



Then I started feeling guilty that Dan was down there with no support group. As I walked across Ocean Blvd. I thought I saw Dan walking up the beach. Up, there he was after a meer two and a half hours heading for the launch ramp, in the rain.

I decided to cut acorss the sand because Dan was not walking that fast against the wind and rain. Go figure, it was about three and the wind graph was showing gust to 40 mph.



As I approached Dan I couldn't believe my eyes, there was a boat race going on in the middle of the bay, in raging wind. Good luck.


Dan got his lines wrapped up a;nd we headed for home. I cleared out the garage and hung up his kite to dry. There's always tomorrow.


As Dan and I headed for home I saw Kyle doing some outragious kite tricks very close to someone in the water. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out he was "performing" for a cameraman who was in waist high water with a GoPro type camera on the end of a stick. Hope the shots came out Kyle.


After we got home and Dan took off, Ruth and I headed to the beach to walk the dogs. The rain wasn't over but it was a fantastic sunset. Can't wait for tomorrow.


In closing I had to add this shot of the dogs. Left to right is Bebe, Harley and Lilly, Dan's new little puppy mix breed that he's had for a few weeks. They were a drip taking all three for a walk. Lilly is so curious so she runs from place to place checking everything out. Bebe and Harley in the mean time are just along for the ride..... or walk.

1 Comments:

At June 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM , Anonymous cris said...

Hi
I read through your blog. Congratulations, you are an interesting kite group
I a Cris from Mallorca SPAIN and I was planning a kite trip in November, I want to go to Oahu but I will stop for few days in LA.
I would appreciatte any info you could provide me about winds and spots in your area. My trip schedule is not yet decided but I may go around mid November.
My email aaanavegar@yahoo.es
My own blog is here:
http://www.edmkpollensa.com/es/blog/
Looking forward to hear from you
Greets
CRIS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home