Monday, June 16, 2008

Saturday is a 9

I'm still trying to get this all done in one sitting.

It's Saturday and Klaus and I are ready for another great day of kiting.

As you can see it was nowhere near the intensity of yesterday. It was good between 1 and 3, and then is was just OK the rest of the day.

One thing that was different about today was that the summer lifeguards started today.

This also means that we have to watch our refreshment containers. The beach patrol is back.
Too much excitement for one day. All we can figure is that a passenger in a catamaran fell over board because the rescue boat brought him to shore.

Danny and Bea are back from their trip to Europe and he's rigging small.

This shot is a reminder of what happened. A few minutes before this picture Klaus was showing me how to self launch my North Rhino 16. I mentioned that it was blowing pretty hard and Klaus said "No problem, you can do it. I will help you." My kite got powered up and it pulled me on my stomach for about 20 feet until I got it under control. Then Klaus just stood there and laughed and laughed. Then Klaus was going to show me how to do it, so he self launched his kite and it pulled him on his face too. That's why he has all that sand on him. It was a pretty funny scene.

There were a lot of kites on the water today. With the wind up and down it meant for a little walking.

Naji is back from his bout with the stingray. He's probably telling the group about having to spend three days in the hospital. Henry is on the right and Al Navas has his back to the camera.

I didn't get any good jumping shots but I did get Kyle on this transition.

What a great group. L-r Kyle, Mark, Al, Dan, me, Klaus, John and Naji.

After kiting we went out to an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant that Klaus had been to.

Then we went dancing at the Alpine Village. Next time I'm going to dress up a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home