Monday, June 30, 2008

Three days in a row...NO WAY!!!!

Mondays are often filled with lists of things that I have neglected over the weekend. This weekend was no different. I've heard many times, "Kite boarding, kite boarding, kite boarding is that all you think about?"
"YES! SO?"
As you know I am happily married, but there are things that I have to constantly think about...like, Did I take out the trash? How am I doing on my H.D. list? Did I do the dishes? What about making the coffee? The bed? Really there are pressures you just may not understand. Then there's money, and time commitments, and, oh yes, priorities. These are things we ALL have to deal with. I'm no different.

OK, my life is very similar to yours...and with that in mind, today I had to be a little manipulative. Mike N. called and said he was going down to the beach to kite. So I told Ruth, "Honey, I've got to meet Mike and help him with his board control."......"OK, go ahead."

This was not a total fib. Mike was at the beach and I could help him if I was there. But I knew I was escaping the stuff I was supposed to do around the house, but what the heck, I have to get down to the beach, help my buddy and kite with the guys. This, is after all, my life.

By the time I got there the wind was up and I saw Mike out on the water. So were about 10 other guys. I got rigged and by the time I launched the wind died. There were a number of us that were going to wait for the wind to come back and there were a number of kiter's that went home, including Mike.
Fortunately Matt N. hung around for the second coming. It was hot and it was boring. So boring that I took pictues of beer cans.

A girl.

And the empty beach.

And then my friend Todd and his girl friend showed up. A breath of fresh air. Todd is on the left, then Pegge, Matt and me. Todd didn't have his kite gear so they went shopping up on 2nd Street.

Finally we got some wind and we were able to get out for a while. Thanks to Omar's girlfriend Bonnie we have this shot of Matt riding his surfboard. He's thinking of getting a Naish board next.
Klaus would be proud of me. Since I was using his North Rebel 16 and his North board, I just had to share that in the second wind session I was "Last kiter standing." Thanks Klaus and thanks Bonnie.
In the third and last session Bongo (Rudy) was able to get out on Charles's Best kite. I don't know if you can tell but the wind was blowing side-shore. I think Bongo got in two runs and it shut off. The wind was through for the evening.

There were a few holes in the wind report but you can see that the wind was all over the place. Not only was it up and down, but look at all the direction changes.

We threw our coins in the water as we left so let's hope there's wind tomorrow. But don't count on it because that would be four days in a row. The last picture, a shot of the sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home