Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday...nothing...but Tuesday GREAT WIND!!!!!

Tuesday March 9th.....GREAT WIND!!

Today Rijk, Klaus, Christin, Steve and Brian went snow boarding in Big Bear....
Dan, Drew, Bongo, John, Bill, Kyle, Todd, Dong, and a few others went kiting at Belmont.

Unfortunately iKitesurf.com's cell was not up in Belmont today, but this is what the wind felt like. It was about 1:30 when Christopher yelled out that he was going to Huntington. Dan said he had to stay close by because of a work call. So we kited Belmont.

At about 1:35, when we arrived at the beach, Bongo was talking about kite boarding to someone on the beach and the wind was coming up.

Dan and I started rigging. The wind was still up and down.

I decided to grab a few pictures before I launched. I need to get one of those waterproof cameras.

I grabbed a few shots of Dong and his new board. Notice the boots. He said they keep his feet really warm.

This is Drew Roeser getting some big air. He came up to me on the beach and thanked me for the referral regarding a TV commercial. I hope he gets its. Good luck Drew.

By this time I had been out and back. I grabbed the camera again to document the day.

You would think these guys were the only kiters on the water. In the foreground Dan is jumping and in the back is Drew going port.

Here's John Bonetti doing a loop. One of many today. He is recently back from La Ventana. I think he was there for 2 or 3 months. Welcome back John.

Drew makes getting big air look so easy.

Dan is up there in the clouds too.

The time stamp is 3:30 and it's still blowing about 20 mph.

The tricks keep on coming. Here Dan is doing a rail grab. Looks easy huh????

Here's another Bonetti kite loop. I need to zoom back a little to get the kite looping too.

I happen to turn around and see two people going around behind the "future" bathrooms. It looks like a robe or blanket. What do you think???

Trying to get these unhooked tricks that Drew does is hard. I settled for this but I think I needed my video camera.

At one point I found myself wadding out in the water trying to get close to the action. Here Dan got close to me too.

I think you can feel the concentration that Drew was putting into this trick. I don't know what he calls it....HARD!!!!

It was after 4 o'clock and I was getting cold...and it was still blowing

That's it Dan..I'm going home now. Keep on kiting, I don't care...I'm changing into warm clothes.

After Dan drove home I walked down to the beach and ran into Kyle, Todd, John and his new friend.

I had to get the sunset. Rijk, Klaus, Christin and Brian were going to swing by after driving home from Big Bear. I'm not going to tell them what they missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home