Monday, March 15, 2010

No wind but a beautiful day!!! Also a Bebe story and some pictures too

No Wind but a beautiful day and a Bebe story too!!!


I can't remember why but one night last week Ruth visited a friend for a while, and I decided to take Bebe for a walk. It was just about sunset. I grabbed this shot of a guy thinking at the end of the catamaran ramp.

What's interesting when there are Santa Ana conditions here in Long Beach is the beach gets very warm and the thick city air is blown out to sea. On the left is Chaffee Island. In the center is Catalina Island. And on the right is a container waiting to depart. When you double click on the picture you can see that the ship is empty of containers.

Bebe and I continued walking up the bike path on the way to Dog Beach. It's very cool when there are vapor trails in the sky and the sun is going down. Quite the sight.

As Bebe and I approached Dog Beach I clicked off a few more shots of the sun going down. I was mesmerized by the clouds and the sun.

Once we got to Dog Beach I figured I would let Bebe check out a few of her own kind. You know "Dog Sniffing." When I took off the clip from her collar she counted "One Mississippi, two Mississippi" and then as fast as she could she took off running across the sand heading for Ocean Blvd.
"Holly CRAP!!!!!" I started yelling "BEBE!!!! BEBE!!!!" And whistling as loud as I could. When I reached Ocean a guy walking a German Shepard said "Your little dog went that way." He was pointing East on Ocean. I couldn't see her and it was getting dark.

I started running down Ocean as fast as I could, and my brain was thinking all kinds of thoughts. I was tripping on what I was going to say to Ruth when I told her I couldn't find Bebe. Or when I scrapped Bebe off of the pavement. I kept running down Ocean and finally got to Santa Ana huffing and puffing. I ran toward the house, panting the whole way and thinking "Where is she??????"

I finally got to the house and opened the front gate....then I heard Bebe barking on the side of the house. First I was so glad to hear her barking.....then "What the (CRAP) did you do running away from me like that????" Like she understood me.

When Ruth got home from her visit I told her I couldn't trust myself or Bebe for that matter. I won't let her go without Ruth being there. No more mister nice guy. OK, I still walk her. I just don't let her off the leash.

This is what she looked like running across the beach. In reality she's running toward Ruth, not me.

Fortunately last week we got a dog license for Bebe. Now she's legal...and she has a chip.
But I still don't trust her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home