Saturday, March 31, 2012

Omar the pro photographer...some shots


Saturday March 31, 2012


Omar, our pro photographer friend, took some recent shots at Belmont
It was an interesting day on Tuesday when Omar (http://omarnazif.smugmug.com/) came to the beach with his camera. There was a latino video being shot on the ramp and one of the guys was throwing potato chips in the air trying to get the seagulls in the shot. That's what this is??

As an amateur photographer I found it interesting Omar calling out to me "Hey Jim look over here." I'll file this away to be used on all of you on the beach this summer.




I have to thank Klaus for this shot. I remember taking one of him dragging his left hand in the water. When Omar was pointing his camera at me I thought "I'm going to try this." It worked.


Omar has an amazing eye as you can see in the gallory of pictures on his web site. He was able to get the only jump I could actually pull off. The wind was pretty low and this was as good as it got.


A few days prior Omar came down and shot my son Dan and his friend David at Belmont.


This shot of Dan in the clouds is fantastic. Double click on it to make it full screen.



These are all kite tricks Dan can do. A back roll



Big air.


An over the shoulder.


This is David doing a one handed extension.


And a rail grab.

Lastly, there has been no wind for the past two days so Ruth decided it was time for Spring Cleaning. Tonight we finally got the Dining Room and Living Room re-arranged and cleaned. Yes even I have had to learn how to operate a vacuum cleaner and a dust rag. All is good :)

3 Comments:

At April 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pictures Dad! Omar is talented for sure, and you kite-boarders are amazing!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was from me...Theresa :)

 
At May 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog Jim.
Man you look great for 71, I never would have imagined :-)
Both you and Dan are kiting maniacs !
See you when the wind jumps up a little

Jamie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home