Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day FIVE.....

Five days in a row of kiting and now how many days can we get in a row? Six, Seven, Eight???????

I'm not saying anything because I don't want to jinx tomorrow and the three days following.

These are the facts ma'am: Ruth and I were rearranging the garage after the new garage doors were installed. The wind started coming up, so we only finished part of the work because I had to go. I knew Mike Noel was at the beach, so was Joe "DaWalk" and Dan was going to meet me around 3 o'clock. In the mean time Deon was so great. He drove his trainer kite to the beach because Dan was bringing a girl down so he could introduce her to kiting. Sure Dan.

Dan arrived with his new student, Chelsey, at about 3:30. He immediately got her onto a level one training kite. Then he couldn't stand it because the wind was so good, so he left her there and we went kiting. It could'a been a movie, "I've got to go", "No stay", "I can't the wind is blowing..good bye" "Good bye Dan" Sob, sob. Cut to lonely girl sitting on the lawn chair as the kite boarders go out onto the water. Sand blowing in the background, fade to BLACK.... "Cut, cut. Print that take. Ok, next shot."

I think I got on the water around 3. Dan got on around 4 or so. When he left at 6:15 for Torrance it was still blowing. I wrapped up with Matt Naigus. He told me he did a down winder to Seal today, SOLO. That's balls. He said the tough thing was tacking back to Belmont.

Near the end of the session I was screwing around doing a jump or something, dropped my kite and lost my board. Fortunately the North did not turn inside out as it has in the past. After relaunching I was having a tough time body dragging to my board. Omar was nice enough to drop it off special delivery. And he was on his surf board too. Thanks again Omar.

Hope there's wind
tomorrow, maybe I'll bring my camera too. See you on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home