Friday, July 25, 2008

Thursday and Friday. One good and one bad.

Thursday, lots of people were off doing things so I decided to "Go Local" and kite Belmont.

Mike Noel and Bill Swiskow got to the beach early. Mark Strauch, Matt Naigus (with his fantastic long lens Canon camera), Arnaud Vuillermet and I came a little later. We all were at the "Camp" loving the wind. Joe Wilcox, Lance Smith, Dong and Kyle showed up a little later.

Even Al Navas dropped by to say hello and catch a little wind at Belmont today.

As I was getting ready to go out I couldn't help but flash back to 24 hours ago. Klaus and I were across the stone wall over there and were kiting at Seal. When you make the picture larger by double clicking Seal looks so close.

Even the oil platform seemed much closer today. I could have made my way over there but I wanted to work on my pop timing. I was able to pull off some pretty good jumps, for me.

Talking about jumps, we all were trying to get air today. Some good and some???

Don't worry Faycal you are "King of The Air" as far as I'm concerned. I grabbed this shot I took back in June. I know you were out on the water, so was I, that's why I went to the library.

Another shot around the same time was Brandon jumping. Hey he's damn good too.

As the wind dropped off the only one that was able to keep kiting was Sonny and his four wheeled "Big Wheel." It looks fun. I'm going to try it one of these days.

Even though I didn't get there when the wind came up it was still a pretty good day.

When the sun went down I was thinking very positive about wind for Friday. It could happen.

It's Friday and Eddy ruined our hopes for wind today.

I rode my bike down to talk to Mitch, who is the lifeguard at the Claremont ramp. He said that the Catalina Eddy had shut off the wind.

Lisa and Eyal came down for a little wind and I don't think they are happy. Actually they look a little bored. Can you blame them?

There were a number of kiters that got the afternoon off, but unfortunately the wind didn't cooperate.

This is the non-wind that we got today.

And this is what the Catalina Eddy looked like.

So I logged onto kcal 9's weather to see what
Jackie Johnson had to say at
http://weather.cbs2.com/US/CA/Los_Angeles.html. I got an eye full but that didn't tell me much so I went onto ikitesurf and read meteorologist Mike Godsey's forcast. Not looking good here but maybe OK at Lake Isabella. I think I'll work around the house and make some brownie points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home