Thursday, July 24, 2008

Monday at Sunset, a great day

Another 10 at Sunset.

Monday Klaus returned from Utah and we met up at Sunset.

While I was waiting I caught this amazing shot of this kid doing a flip after he rode his skim board into the water. Does his mother know what he's doing? I think not.

Monday the waves were pretty big. We had to think for a few minutes about how we were going to get past them.

Check out the "K" and the "J". Klaus wanted to just go for it, I on the other hand watched a couple of locals walk up the beach to launch. I decided to walk up the beach and Klaus got pounded by the waves. Live and learn. The lifeguard called him in and said, "Kite Boarder, Come In." The sad thing was that Klaus had to walk up, talk to the lifeguard and then walk up the beach to launch. Oh well.

I was out on my Rhino 12 and Klaus was on his Bandit 13. There was quite a difference in the two kites because Klaus felt he was over powered most of the day and my 12 seemed just right until the wind died a little after six. It's time for a beer.

The next day Klaus told me that he was so jacked up from the kite session that he couldn't sleep. I on the other hand knew about Tylenol P.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home