Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We pushed the limits on Monday.

Klaus just returned from Utah today and was able to get to the beach around noon. I think he and Bill Swiskow were first on the water when the wind started picking up.

When I got there Joe Walker and Dong were just showing up so I didn't miss much.

And I caught Klaus jumping too. After I started rigging Klaus and Bill came in for a little break.

At about the same time Klaus saw that Bobby had returned from his vacation and they were yelling back and forth. They were glad to see one another.

I, in the mean time, had my sights on an adventure and Seal Beach didn't seem that far away.

Once on the water Klaus, Bobby and I did a little down winder to Seal Beach. That was easy.

Once at Seal we tacked back and forth. Did some jumps. Played in the waves and then headed out. As you can see from the "K" Klaus headed back to Belmont while Bobby and I headed for Sunset.

At some point Klaus saw we were going further South to Surfside and Sunset. This place was awesome. We spent quite a bit of time riding the waves, playing in the surf and jumping off the lips of the waves. Then we stopped down in the water and I think it was Klaus that said, "Let's go to Huntington." Bobby said "I'll follow you guys."

This was open ocean time as well as a long haul. It wasn't exactly down winding and it wasn't a starboard tack either. It was right in the middle. Once we got there we came into shore because the wind was dropping and we could hardly keep our kites up.

After we found a guy on the beach that had a cell phone I called Ruth but she didn't answer the phone, so I left a message to call back on this phone. Bobby decided to de-rig and Klaus and I went out to ride the waves at Huntington. Unfortunately Klaus was not able to stay upwind so he ended up at the pier and had to walk back to our spot, which was Tower 20.

At some point I came in and Bobby was talking to Ruth on the guys cell, she said she was here. So we put our stuff in the CR-V and headed back to Belmont for some pictures and a beer.

We were glad to be back at Belmont, but look forward to returning to Sunset.

It was 6 o'clock hen we arrived back at the camp and there were still kiters out but we were done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home