Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Big Mama" demo days continued.....

Wednesday March 24, 2010

"Big Mama" demo days continued.....

Gabor and I met up at Belmont at about 3 o'clock, and he pumped up Big Mama. That was just about the time that Chris Gatewood (Mr. Wainman USA/Kite Naked) arrived to assist Gabor in rigging the kite.

Rigging a new kite can sometimes be tricky. Here Chris helps Gabor fine tune the bar. The wind was pretty light when he launched, I'm thinking about 10 to 12 mph.

Chris and I watched as Gabor went down wind. Eventually he was able to get out past the marina entrance, but in the beginning the wind was pretty light.

When the wind picked up Chris rigged his 13 and went out on his "little" 130cm twin tip. He's going out in the foreground. Gabor is in the middle coming towards shore. Right behind him is Gary on his Best 15 and riding his big Door.

Gabor pulled some big air over Chris while he was making a transition. Remember Big Mama is a big 15 sq. meter kite but Gabor could still jump.

Here Gabor is going toe-side. You can see his concentration and focus.

When the wind backed off a little Chris came in and waved in Gabor. Then Chris went out on Mama for a little while.

Chris has let me demo Big Mama for a few more days. If you want to try it please meet me down at the Claremont launch ramp and I will be happy to let you try it too. I think you will agree for a big kite it handles very easy. As I said before, very low bar pressure and easy to turn.

See you on the beach.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home