Friday, April 16, 2010

Walking Bebe & kiting to Sunset

April 16, 2010

Today Ruth had a hair appointment so I knew I had to move fast or I was going to hear a whining little dog quickly.

So I took Bebe for a walk to the end of the Peninsula.

The funny thing was I didn't take my camera, just my cell phone. I just wanted to let Ruth know that Bebe was having a good time.

Once on the boardwalk, which is on the ocean side of the peninsula not the bay side, I saw another opportunity to let Ruth know that Bebe and I were having fun.

Once we got to the marina entrance Bebe got right into character while she watched some fishermen just to our left. They said they weren't catching much though.

I threw a little food in her bowl and she devoured it....GONE!!!

Then she was ready for her nap...."Yawn, that was a long walk daddy." Then Ruth got home and it was time to go kiting.

Today I talked to Rijk about getting together. He said that he and Klaus were going to Sunset and he would drive me home if I got there.....NO PROBLEM!!!! I pumped up Big Mama and headed out with my cell phone in a sealed case. I was set.

When I got Big Mama in the air I knew it felt a little light but I was bound and determined to make it. On my first tack I almost got around the marina entrance...but not quite. When I jibed I knew I was in trouble....low wind. I got about to the Junior Lifeguard tower and then walked up almost to Granada. I wanted to make it this time.

I think by the time I finished my "walk" the wind had come up a little. Now I will be able to make it....at least to Seal. I got close to the oil platform and it started feeling light again so I went into Seal to say Hi to Gabor.

I followed Gabor around the pier and headed for the Naval Weapons yard

I made a new map because I was getting confused. Gabor made it just past the Naval entrance and as he was passing me he yelled out "REALLY LIGHT." At that point we both headed back towards Seal. I think I was trying too hard pushing the directional up-wind to make it around the pier. Then my left foot strap breaks. No problem, I don't need no stinking foot strap. But I kept falling off after a little while.

I finally got to the beach and a young lifeguard drove up and yelled "Do you want some help?" I said "Do you know how to land a kite?" He said "Just grab it in the middle?" I said "Just hold it and I'll run up." We were able to get it down...no problem.

Jason asked if I wanted a ride back to the rigging area. Naturally I didn't turn it down.

I made it to Seal....the wind actually got a little better, but I was done. I called Rijk.

OK so the picture sucks but Rijk got me home. And there will be a downwind another day.

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2010 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Suvi said...

http://www.jimcorbettsafari.in/
http://www.corbettsafari.in/
http://www.uttarakhand123.com/

Jim Corbett Hotels, Jim Corbett Resorts, Jim Corbett Package, Jim Corbett Tour Booking

Jim Corbett National Park is named after famous tiger hunter Col. Jim Corbett. Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest Wildlife Sanctuary in India. Jim Corbett National Park is spread over 1200 sq. kms. Corbett National Park is known for the Royal Bengal Tiger and obviously as a launch pad for the prestigious Project Save Tiger in India. Jim Corbett National Park is situated in the foothills of Kumaon in Uttarakhand. Jim Corbett Tiger reserve stands at an average altitude ranging between 1000 ft. to 3100 ft. above the sea level. Jim Corbett National Park attracts millions of wildlife lovers.

We offer easy online booking for Resorts in Corbett, Hotels in Corbett, Camps in Jim Corbett, Elephant Safari in Corbett Park, Tiger Safari in Corbett Park, Jeep Safari in Corbett Park, Canter Safari in Corbett National, Jim Corbett Tour Packages with Best Discounts available upto 25%. Choose from our regular Jim Corbett Tour Packages, or ask us to create a customized Jim Corbett Tour Package for Corbett Trip. Please use our Jim Corbett Booking Form, or give us a call at (+91) 98979 88088, 98974 93280 to Book Hotel Resort in Jim Corbett Park. We look forward to welcoming you at Jim Corbett National park for Jim Corbett Safaris and creating a memorable experience.

 
At April 22, 2010 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Suvi said...

Hotels & Resorts in Jim Corbett
There are very few hotels and resorts in Corbett National Park, always ensure your hotel bookings well in advance while visiting Corbett National Park. Hotel accommodation suiting all wallet sizes from luxury hotels and resorts to budget and economy hotel is available in Corbett National Park buffer zone on riverside in the forest as well as in Ramnagar city. The Resorts and hotels in Corbett National Park are replete with modern day facilities. The services offered by the hotels in Corbett National Park are efficient.

The adventure enthusiast and leisure travellers to Corbett National Park usually prefer hotels near Corbett Park in jungle on riverside. The hotels and Resorts in Corbett National Park are sold on Package basis i.e. inclusive of room stay, food, excursion, jeep and elephant safari etc. The budget hotels, government accommodation other hotels of Corbett National Park cater to the accommodation needs of the budget travellers in Corbett National Park, but they are in the city.

Hotels in Corbett National Park can be divided in various categories:

Resorts & Hotels
(Buffer Zone - 10 KM, On Riverside)
Luxury Jungle Cottage
Room Cottages
Forest Rest House
(DHIKALA / GAIRAL - 35 KM inside Jungle)
Other hotels in the city


http://www.jimcorbettsafari.in/
http://www.corbettsafari.in/
http://www.uttarakhand123.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home