Wednesday, March 31, 2010

its moving day for Dan

March 31, 2101

We just got home from a day of moving Dan to his "new home." His recently purchased condo. It's almost midnight and the end of the day. Here is a recap of the days events.

The wind started blowing early today.....maybe a little before noon.

At 1:30 I got a text from "Harley" Mike saying that he was pumping up at Belmont. In this shot his 12 is close to us and Dong is walking toward the beach with his yellow Best. He rides a 9m.

Bebe and I had a few minutes before Klaus was supposed to arrive. The wind was howling. I'm guessing over 20, maybe 25 mph.

The wind was so strong Mike had to walk backwards while he was carring all of his gear.

Once Bebe and I got to the end of the launch ramp we saw that there was plenty of wind to jump. At one point Bebe was barking at me. She had so much sand in her eyes that she wanted to go home.

When Klaus and I looked back we saw this great shot of three kiters on the water.

Segue to Redondo Beach. Dan and I are sizing up the situation before we get serious about the move.

The cars are starting to fill up. Time to return to Long Beach.

We had four cars....and no waiting. Rijk just arrived as Klaus and I finished putting the mattress on top of my Honda. I was surprised how it held up. I thought these cars are made of plastic.

When Klaus and I left we had to check out the beach. There was a lot of wind in Redondo too.

We were surprised that there was only one kiter on the water. He was pretty good, when he went out he did a great job of jumping over the 3-4 foot wave.

I had to get a shot of the outside of the place. It is so close that today Dan rode his bike to our place and went kiting. I don't know how he's getting home....maybe he's staying over.

Dan's place is on the 3rd floor. Klaus and I used the stairs to unload the Honda. The Dan said "Why don't we use the elevator????" "OK"

The first inside shot is early decorating....a lot of change will be coming.

It's now almost 7 o'clock and it's time for a break....PIZZA!!!! From left to right; Dan, Klaus, me, JD and Rijk in front. Great work guys!!!

After everyone left Ruth and I followed Dan to his old apartment. Here Ruth toasts the old digs.

The old place is as clean as we could get it at 10 o'clock. "That's it, let's go."

Mom and son....proud as can be. He has the keys, but there's a lot of work to go.

As Ruth and I headed home she grabbed this shot as we passed over the Vincent-Thomas bridge. The full moon over the ports. What a beautiful way to end the day.

2 Comments:

At March 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad...I enjoyed checking out your recent blog postings! Cool stuff!

 
At March 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. Forgot to mention it was me...Theres xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home