Thursday, March 25, 2010

Big Mama.....DAY THREE!!!!

March 25, 2010


The wind started coming up at noon but today there was a long list of "Honey Do's" that included dusting, vacuuming and cleaning the carpet on the stairs. All of this while Ruth was replanting the entire front yard. Oh man, I couldn't just walk away and when the wind started blowing I started moving a lot faster. I finished the front room, the entrance hall, but only four stairs. That's when I started twitching....a LOT, and she said "OK get out of here!!!"

When I got to the beach I noticed that the Congressional Cup yacht race was still going on near the pier. I don't mean to make light of it since the boat crews come from around the world to compete for a lot of money.

When the wind starting building I texted Radko and his buddy Christopher. Yes kite boarders look out for windsurfers....YES THEY DO!!!!

This is day number three using and demoing the Wainman "Big Mama" 15. Al Navas and Chris Gatewood are on the beach getting a little beach time. I tried to get Al out on Big Mama but he's going to wait until tomorrow.

As you can see in this shot there were quite a few kites up on a Thursday afternoon. It's amazing how you can come with an excuse to get to the beach and kite.

At the trash can there were a lot of Wainman kites. Here Chris shows off his 12.

...and John Bonetti (check out his blog at http://therealbonetti.blogspot.com/) was at Belmont today cutting up on the waves. Double click for a closer look. He was demoing the SU-2 board. Normally he's on his Wainman.

Here Chris and John screw around with their kites dancing at the waters edge....COOL!!

Thanks to Al Navas he shot this picture of me going out on "Big Mama." For a 15 it was so easy to control. Even on a directional board it's so much fun. It really made my jibes smooth.

Why are the Wainman's still on the beach???? Are John and Chris tired???? Cold??? I think they were posing for this shot. The just like taking pictures of the Rabbit Gang.

A few minutes before this picture was taken I was out at the oil platform with Gabor. That guy is SO fast. I was on a 15 and he was on his little North 12 and I couldn't keep up with him. We need to sandbag that guy. He's too good.

Check out the SCKA kite rules sign. Thank you Al Navas for all of your hard work for getting this sign up. You are the DUDE..... The Big Mama will be at Seal Beach tomorrow. Come down and take it for a spin.

For more info about Wainman Kites and Big Mama: http://www.wainmanhawaii.com/kites/rabbit/black/big-mama. For more about Chris and his Kite Naked shop visit: http://www.kitenaked.com/cart.php?m=content&page=4


1 Comments:

At April 6, 2010 at 3:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wainman Boss Rulez!
Greetings from Italy !
Tommaso

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home