Friday, August 8, 2008

It was Homecoming Day at Belmont today

My morning wake up alarm has been the sound of hammers pounding at 8 A.M.. Our neighbors across the street are building a new house. But this morning I heard something totally different. It was a blasting sound. Almost an explosion.

I looked out the bedroom window and what did I see, a hot air balloon in the Claremont parking lot. I had to check it out.

It seems that the city had hired this company to take local children for a ride. Fun!!

The sound of the blast furnace going off is very unique. I flashed back to Steamboat Springs Colorado when Sara and I went on an early morning ride in a hot air balloon. I'll never forget it. I don't think the kids will either.

When I got home Sara called and wanted me to take a picture of this unique ginger plant we have in the front yard. So I did and here it is. Then I called my grandson Josh and wished him a Happy Birthday. Then I talked to Ruth for a while and she filled me in on her day. No thank you.

The next thing I needed to do was clean up the kitchen from the night before. Dan had used a lot of pans and things to cook a pasta dinner, and it had turned into a pile in the kitchen sink. That was hard to take and I couldn't find a Sherpa do do it so I did it.

By noon I was cleaning the bird cages and I heard the wind starting to blow. Hmmmmm. I knew I was going to drive up to Hollywood at about 5 o'clock so I wanted to get on the water early.

I got down to the beach around 1 o'clock and went over and talked to Mitch, the lifeguard at the Claremont ramp, who just happens to be a very good kiter. He's a god send.

My timing to get a shot of Mitch wasn't very good. Next time.

Then I saw the kids zone up at the Granada ramp. Maybe the hot air balloon had some tie in???

This was the other kid's play zone....the water. I'm just guessing but I would say there were about 60 kiters out today. It was like old home week. Lot's of people were able to get Friday afternoon off.

Dan and Klaus got some time off for good behavior and came down to get some wind.

Juliano was down with his beautiful Rev. He was having a ball jumping today.


I was out kiting with Joe Wilcox and he wanted to go on an adventure. I said, "Sorry Joe I have to be in Hollywood this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow." That was hard because I like adventures.

It was great seeing Lisa and Eyal too. Lisa is really getting it. If you remember a few weeks ago she was just going up wind. Now she's tearing up the water. Go Lisa!!!!

Big George Wiant was out doing his cool tricks. At one point we both admitted we were getting tired. What us quit?.....no way.

Arnaud and Tony were comparing their jumping heights as Scott was going by.
Left to right is Kyle, Dong, Chad and Don. Don just got in from Maui on the red eye. This morning he went surfing with Chad and it blew this afternoon so they were able to kite also.

I think Arnaud and Brett Ellis were tuned into the same station. Check out those dance steps. Either that or there was music playing some place....like in their imagination.
Mr. foil kiter, Deon Aumaier arrived with his custom made Litewave. I think he told me it was 180 cm long. BIG BOARD!!

Mike Noel and his friend Mandy were at Belmont. Mike has got his starboard direction down, now he's proud to say he's returning up-wind to where he launches. Great job.

Dan's friend Steve was out today too. He's been missing for a while. He was out on his Naish 14. Sorry I had to leave about the time you were getting on the water Steve.

At about 5 o'clock, when I was heading up Ocean Blvd., I was thinking that I forgot to take a shot of Mark Strauch, Bill Swiskow and Bongo. What was I thinking?? Next time guys.....like tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home