Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Klaus got his new board and my neighbor passed.

Klaus, Ruth and I had hangovers on Saturday from the Oktoberfest, but I don't know about Charles and Tony. Maybe they were able to control themselves. I think we had too many shooters.

OK, so we lost Saturday, but on Sunday we actually got some wind at Belmont and I was ready. But I was not ready for the cold water or the cold wind. Man what a whimp.

When I walked out on the Claremont ramp I didn't think the wind was going to come up. As a matter of fact Klaus had come down and he said, "Forget it, not enough wind. I'm going to Alpine Village." Then the wind came up. Thanks for the sacrifice Klaus.

No one had any idea that it was going to blow for over three hours. I wish I could access the wind report but SORRY. I think it blew about 15 mph.

Chad got out, so did Charles, Tony, Luca, Todd....etc...etc

Check out Juliano. He's riding Tony's directional.

Wow, everyone is riding these directionals.

Wow, what a close call. Look how close these two boats got to the shoreline. The boat on the left finally was able to pull the other boat to safety. Nice job friend.

When I finally walked home at 5:30 Ruth said, "Let's go, we're expected at Lenni's in a half hour." I took a quick T-P wash down and we made it for dinner. What a day.

It's Monday....and very few people know that Ruth has a "Secret Place" next to our house. Here she is re-potting a number of plants that we just purchased at Home Depot.

On Monday there were only two of us that got out. Here Dave, a new friend that usually kites at Leo, came to Belmont hoping to kite. He was able to get out on his 5'6" surfboard and his Naish 16. It was a fair day for us, but it too surfboards.

Dan drove down after I called him but he saw that the wind wasn't that good so he brought beer and good cheer to the beach. Thanks for helping me wrap us my stuff.

It's now Tuesday and for any of you that have dropped by the house you have see me working on my stuff, or your stuff, in the yard next door. Well I'm sad to report my neighbor of five years has passed on to a better place. Jenny has been fighting breast cancer as well as other problems for years. On Monday she found freedom. Thank you Jenny for letting me use your yard all these years.
We will miss you
.

Then Klaus came over to show me his new North directional board. Not only did he get a new board but he also got a North flag and all these stick on things. Cool.

Obviously his new board is the white one. The red one is Dan's Becker 6'8" surfboard. Klaus can't wait to get his board on the water....maybe tomorrow.

At the end of the day today I went down to take a sunset shot. My favorite thing to do at the end of the day. There was one kiter that tried, but NO.

At the end of the day the sky was beautiful. Don't you think?

Tomorrow is another day. May the wind blow hard so Klaus can try out his new board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home